Media Center Policies
The mission of the Alpharetta High School Media Center is to build a foundation for lifelong learning through information literacy; to instill a love of literature and reading; and to provide a variety of resources which support and enhance the curriculum.
The Media Center is a great place to study, check out books, read, and conduct research.
Some Basic Rules:
1. Passes are required during school hours; including lunch—pick up a pass in the media center in the morning if you’d like to visit during lunch.
2. Always sign in when you enter the media center
3. No foods, drinks, are allowed in the media center at any time—this includes bottles of water! Cell phones or portable electronic devices are not allowed after 8:25.
4. Media center materials should not be taken out of the media center for any reason without proper checkout procedures.
Using the Media Center during Lunch Periods:
1. Students who have academic work, research, or reading may visit the media center during their lunch.
2. Students should sign in at the desk as they enter the media center.
3. Scheduled classes have priority on media center resources and seating during lunch.
Checking Out Books:
1. Students may check out books using their student ID.
2. Books can be checked out for 2 weeks and may be renewed up to 2 times.
3. The overdue fine for books is $.05 per school day.
4. Up to 2 reference materials may be checked out after 3:00 p.m. and are due back prior to first period the next morning. The overdue fine for reference books is
5. $1.00 per school day.
1. Students receive overdue/fine notices monthly.
2. Book fines are .05¢ per school day.
3. Reference book fines are 1.00 per school day.
4. Students are not allowed to checkout if they have overdue books or unpaid fines.
1. Self-service copier - 15¢ per page
2. Black and white printing - .10¢ per page
3. Color printing - .25¢ per page